Thursday 23 January 2014

Anton Casey - #1 Public Enemy?


Photo credits: mothership.sg
 
Am I angered by his comments? Hell, no! But the majority of Singaporeans are. It's time for me to address my sentiments and why I think the nation is overreacting.

By looking at the screenshot, you can jolly well tell that this expat is a very wealthy man. What was he thinking? Simply celebrating his financial success. Wrong meh? I believe majority of Singaporeans will do the same (including myself), all the time! We go to a 5-star resort and post 99 photos of the room, view and the facilities, right? We just went shopping and quickly rush home, lay it all out on the bed and go *click* *click* *click* ! Same same, what we are trying to tell our audience is also "Hey! I have the means to buy all these stuff and I'm publishing it to make you JELLY!"
 
The difference between us and Mr. Casey? He's forgetting his online etiquette. Not surprised there as he probably belonged to that generation with nothing but negative perception of social media. If he would have hung out with the cool keyboard warriors, he would have posted in a way that will garner probably a million likes and comments!
 
Then comes my next question: Was he forced to be in Singapore? A fellow expat I've spoken to expresses her dissatisfaction hoping to tell Anton in the face that if he's not happy here, just leave. Don't give other expats a bad name. I agree to some extent but that question still remains. Is he here because of his commitment to his job? Or his Asian family? Can he just pack up his wealth and family and just leave for another third world country to insult?
 
The answer is no! Singapore is one of the best country to accumulate wealth and social standing within Southeast Asia without all the third world shenanigans. I believe he's friggin' happy here. He just need some kind of recognition that he's rich and successful which probably our media or the banking faculty chose not to do. He's just doing it wrong!
 
To Mr Anton Casey, take the taxi the next time your car is in the workshop. Less dirt as poor Singaporeans cannot afford to ride in one. Pick the Chrysler cab. Make you feel like a million bucks... well, that's a familiar feeling to yourself so it won't feel like you have to make any changes to your lifestyle, am I right?
 
 My advice to all the keyboard warrior, leave him be. He needs the attention. Obviously he lack of it IRL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...